The Community Safety Institute (CSI) and Virtual Emergency Services (VES) develops security applications for public and private sector use designed to help save lives and mitigate property damage. Our Tactical Mapping application allows emergency response personnel and site representatives to act quickly, decisively, and safely during any facility-related emergency incident. The company was formed to positively impact the outcome of emergencies and assist first responders and site emergency managers to better train for any type of situation.
Our Team has served many municipal, state, Native American and Federal organizations throughout the United States and overseas.
In the past decade our teams have completed and delivered hundreds of projects including: Comprehensive Plan review, Facilitated and E-Learning courses, Threat/Vulnerability Assessments and delivered comprehensive NIMS compliant Emergency Response Plans to clients across the country. Our RESPONSEnet Emergency Preparedness Database and related modules are in use by thousands of clients and first responder agencies. Using the Database, law enforcement, fire departments, HazMat and other emergency personnel can access mission critical information about virtually any structure at the touch of a button.
In addition, for more than a decade, our team has been trusted by the U.S. Department of Justice to develop many of its national training programs and model law enforcement initiatives. In the past few years we have been instrumental in developing the:
* The Terrorism and Schools course is being utilized as the model for a new Department of Justice (DOJ) School Safety initiative.
* Safety Training and Resources (STAR) initiative for the U.S. Department of Justice Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS);
* Redesigning the National Neighborhood Watch Program for National Sheriffs' Association (NSA) and the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA);
* Developing three Weapons of Mass Destruction programs (with accompanying assessment and vulnerability instruments) for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS);
* Designing multiple juvenile justice programs for the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) and Office of Family Services, Department of Defense (DOD);
* Conducting an assessment of the Park Rangers for the National Park Service, Department of the Interior (DOI).
* Our Creating A Safer School (CASS) series has been nationally recognized and serves as the foundation for multiple national school safety initiatives including the Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) SAFE School program.